The primary requirements for coaching high school sports in California are:
- A General Coaching Education Course – required to be on file with the conference:
- First Aid and CPR Certification – please consult your school/district for this requirement
- Concussion in Sports
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Training
- Heat Acclimatization Course
- Cheer Coaches Only: The Cheer and Dance Safety Certification is required through NFHS
For a complete guide to coaching certifications, consult the CIF Coaching Education guide.
In addition to being certified, coaches must have their finger printing completed and cleared on file by school, along with TB Test clearance within 60 days of hire.